Linkark Consultants Job Vacancies 2018 for Bakery Quality Assurance Supervisor
Our Client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Quality Assurance Supervisor.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development and continual refinement of all quality assurance and quality control programs and policies of the organization in a manner that minimizes costs; meets or exceeds food safety and quality specifications, laws, and requirements; while adhering to company policies and providing an environment that promotes work safety and high employee morale.
The QA Supervisor is a leader within the bakery responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring food safety and quality assurance programs and ensuring operations is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality.
The QA Supervisor will work closely with other Line Manager’s to assure effective implementation of food safety and quality programs. The QA Supervisor will provide leadership directly to his team (exempt and/or non-exempt) and indirectly to other bakery personnel and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local) and assuring the bakery meets all regulations
- Responsible for understanding and complying with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
- Responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual as outlined under the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation, including the preparation of a Food Safety Plan, the validation of Preventive Controls, the Review of Records and the Reanalysis of the Food Safety
- Responsible for up-dating and the continuous review of existing Food Safety plans to incorporate current GMP, Process Preventive Controls, Allergen Preventive Controls,
- Sanitation Preventive Controls and Supply Chain Applied Controls.
- Provide technical guidance and information throughout the company as it relates to baked products to ensure all items are of the highest standards.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of food ingredients and their functions as it relates to the baking process.
- Able to identify potential risk and reduce possible down time as it relates to mechanical failure.
- Ensures OSHA and company safety policy compliance.
- Acts as the Safety Manager for the bakery.
- Conducts safety and operations inspections and meetings.
- Responsible for implementation, documentation, control, and maintenance of a detailed Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and reassessment
- Works to maintain and improve on the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for investigating customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site using root cause analysis, determining corrective actions and preventive measures, responding to complaints in the required timeframe, and analysing complaint trends
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Assurance team including training and development of QA staff and clear identification of objectives to meet the bakery needs
- Clearly communicate food safety and quality objectives with production, maintenance, sanitation departments, and external contractors
- Responsible for reporting the food safety and quality issues, corrective actions, and preventive measures to the plant management team and Corporate Food Safety & Quality Assurance
- Responsible for ensuring training is effective for operations, sanitation, and maintenance staff in basic food hygiene, GMPs, HACCP, allergen control, and other food safety and quality requirements
- Responsible for monitoring and adherence to Quality Assurance budget
- Measures plant process capabilities, sampling plans, and statistical analysis to assure compliance
- Authorized to hold and release product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
- Ensures a daily food evaluation is conducted to identify possible defects and provide direction for improvement
- Ensures physical bakery inspections are conducted on a weekly basis and reports are generated on each area (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
- Assist in contract review, approval, and performance monitoring of external suppliers/services relating to QA
- Responsible for assuring materials are received from client approved suppliers and conducts raw material supplier performance monitoring
- Responsible for the effective implementation of client Recall and Traceability Program including accurate, timely mock traceability exercises
- Responsible for providing technical advice and direction with respect to client’s food safety and quality policies and keeping bakery team informed of applicable scientific,
- Perform daily test bakes of products to validate that products meet product quality standards.
- Manage temperature tracking program for finished products to ensure that temperatures are maintained throughout the supply chain.
- Conducts quarterly safety meetings.
- Able to distribute correspondence and other communications to all other employees
- Ad-hoc assistance to the Restaurant General Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Food Technology, or Food Science preferred
- Must have at least 5 years food industry, bakery operations, purchasing, quality assurance, with an extensive background in manufacturing food industry
- Knowledge of GFSI requirements (SQF, BRC, etc.), SQF certification a plus
- Training in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) preferred
- Understanding of microbiology aseptic sampling, methods, and interpretation
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and willing to work beyond normal scheduled work hours as necessary
- Reliable, driven, self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Establishes, fosters, and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customers
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before close of business 19th March 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: