Law Society of Kenya Recruitment 2018 for Program Officer – Advocates Benevolent Association, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Law Society of Kenya Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Law Society of Kenya Recruitment 2018
The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) is Kenya’s premier bar association, with the
membership of all practicing advocates, currently numbering over thirteen thousand members.
Reporting to the Advocates Benevolent Association Board and the Secretary / CEO of the Law Society of Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position holder will among other duties be responsible for:
- Establish and manage an Advocates’ Assistance Program
- Conceptualizing, initiating and implementing timely and prudent welfare programs
- Conceptualize, design and implement strategies to respond to emerging welfare matters in line with the Society’s and the Associations mandate, objectives and strategic plan
- Undertaking advocacy and research for the Association
- Implementing the decisions of the Board of the Association
- Coordinate and implement the activities and affairs of the Board of the Association
- Keeping track of finances and investments in liaison with the Accounts Department, preparation of budgets, fundraising proposals and mobilizing funds
- Initiate and implement partnership initiatives with the partners on welfare of members
- Manage and update the welfare and benevolence database for all members
- Any other related tasks as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Secretary/CEO, LSK and the Board of the Association
Qualifications & Skills
- LLB Degree and a current practising certificate
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience post—admission to the Roll of Advocates
- Ability to identify programmatic activities and collaborate with others to achieve results
- Experience in handling welfare matters
- Dynamic, self—motivated with excellent interpersonal and counseling skills
- Experience in planning, administration and monitoring of programs
- High degree of professional ethics and personal integrity
- Experience in Budgeting, finance, proposal writing and fundraising skills
- Excellent analytical writing, oral presentation, organizational, mediation and computer skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the above position, submit an application with, copies of certificates, testimonials and CV outlining qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact, e—mail address, names and full addresses of three (3) referees.
Only candidates who fulfill the above requirements will be contacted.
The applications should be addressed and submitted to the undersigned in a sealed envelope clearly marked PROGRAM OFFICER — ADVOCATES BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION” to reach us not later than Tuesday, 19th June 2018 at 5pm.
The Secretary/CEO Law Society of Kenya Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road P.O. Box 72219-00200 Nairobi
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: