Lake Victoria North Water Job Vacancy 2018 for Internal Audit & Risk Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Lake Victoria North Water Job Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Lake Victoria North Water Job Vacancy 2018
ake Victoria North Water Services Board was established in March 2004 vide gazette notice No.1714 under the Water Act 2002 as a State Corporation.
The mandate of the Board is to ensure the efficient and economical provision of water and sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction.
The Board seeks to recruit experienced and dynamic professionals to fill the following management positions within its establishment.
Manager, Internal Audit, and Risk Management
Reports to: CEO and Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Internal Audit
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information systems.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulation.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Appraising the effectiveness and efficiency with which resources are employed.
- Reviewing operations or programmes to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals.
- Developing and reviewing audit manuals and audit plans.
- Carry out management audits
- Ensuring efficient use of company assets and ascertain the accounting for the assets to safeguard against the risk or loss.
- Conducting special reviews as, from time to time be requested by the Chief Executive Officer, the Audit Committee or the Board of Directors.
- Coordinating audit activities with the independent audit firms that may be engaged from time to time to conduct annual audits.
Internal Audit Job Qualifications
- A degree from a recognized university in a business related field
- Masters degree is in Finance, management administration and related field.
- Professional qualifications in accounting such as CPA, CA, ACCA, and/or CISA
- Registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya and Institute of Internal Auditors
- Experience and familiarity with computer-based accounting and use of computer-aided auditing techniques (CAATs)
- Minimum of 10 years’ audit working experience in a reputable organization five (5) years of which must be at a senior management position in the public sector.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership. Please attach copies of compliance certificates from KRA, EACC, HELB, CRB and Certificate of Good Conduct from the CID.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should send their resume and applications with relevant copies of academic and professional qualifications, email address, day time mobile and names of three (3) referees to reach the undersigned before or on Friday 20th April, 2018.
Chief Executive Officer Lake Victoria North Water Services Board P.O. Box 673 – 50100 Kakamega
Tel: 056–2030795, 2031552 Fax: 056-2031506
LVNWSB is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: