Laikipia County Job Vacancy For Accountant (44K), Application Details
Job Group ‘CPSB 09’.
Laikipia County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:-
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Verification of vouchers, and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
- Data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers, and preparation of management reports e.g. imprests and expenditure returns etc.
- Responsible for safe custody of Government records and assets under the office. Analysis of below the line accounts.
- Entail receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers;
- Writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash book;
- Balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- Arranging withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
- Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
- Preparation of expenditure and Authority to Incur Expenditure(AIE) funding returns on quarterly basis;
- Preparation of Appropriation In Aid (AIA) returns on quarterly basis ;
- Paying personal and merchants claims guided by cash balances in the cash book and treasury regulations;
- Receipting money due and payable to Government.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) examination.
- Certificate in Computer Applications
How to Apply
Written application including a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and the National Identification Card or passport should be sent to: THE CEO/SECRETARY LAIKIPIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD NYAHURURU TOWNHALL P O BOX 52-20300 NYAHURURU Applications may also be hand delivered and dropped in the Job Applications Box at the County Public Service Board Offices, Nyahururu Town Hall. To be considered, your application must be received on or before Friday, 19th January, 2018. Laikipia County Public Service Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates. Qualified youth, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: