Lafayette Resources Recruitment 2018 for Chief Engineer 3pl Cold Storage, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Lafayette Resources Recruitment 2018 for Chief Engineer 3pl Cold Storage. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Lafayette Resources Recruitment 2018
Our Client an accredited company involved in the management of temperature-controlled warehouses and specialized in supply chain management, seeks to fill the position of a Chief Engineer 3pl Cold Storage in Kenya and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The individual will ensure maximum operating efficiency, minimal down time, and conformity with all company, state, and federal health and safety rules. The position reports directly to the General Manager and exercises discretionary decision making.
Chief Engineer 3pl Cold Storage Job Responsibilities
- Perform duties to plan, schedule, supervise, operate, maintain, and repair as needed.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility refrigeration system.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of facility material handling equipment.
- Maintain facility infrastructure, which includes, but is not limited to, roofing systems, freezer and manual doors, dock levelers, dock doors and seals, concrete floors, HVAC and plumbing systems, lighting and electrical systems, facility facade and exterior grounds
- Respond to emergencies.
- Keep all necessary records for refrigeration, electrical, automatic sprinkler, hot water, compressed air and fire systems, handling equipment and building/grounds in compliance with warehouse needs
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility refrigeration systems, material handling equipment, and maintain all aspects of facility infrastructure and grounds
- Train and manage daily tasks of maintenance personnel
- Schedule and manage facility projects
- Train all employees in various safety and regulatory compliance topics
- Participate on an Emergency Response Team.
- Ensures that all NEMA operational requirements and regulations are met.
- Supervise contractors and approval of contractor bills for payment.
- Responsible for submission of yearly budget for operations and maintenance
- Lead and oversee Safety Committee.
- Any other duties assigned by the Commercial/General Manager.
Qualifications for the Chief Engineer 3pl Cold Storage Job
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance and operation of industrial refrigeration systems including 2 years in a senior position
- Working knowledge of the public refrigerated warehouse (PRW) industry.
- Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems (e.g. Freon, anhydrous ammonia)
- Working knowledge of the functions of various material handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, lead acid batteries, battery chargers, etc.).
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse.
- Available to work different shifts as necessary and available to work occasional to frequent overtime
How to Apply
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your current and expected remuneration
Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More