Komaza Job Vacancy For Finance Systems Senior Associate, Application Details
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. Headquartered in coastal Kenya, we have planted over 2.5 million trees with more than 8,500 farmers, making us Kenya’s largest commercial tree planter. By leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access effectively limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations – a powerful disruption to the traditional forestry model. We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including Forbes, Ashoka, Mulago Foundation, and Novastar Ventures.
About The Team
The Komaza Finance & Admin team is a critical service center for the organization. We are meticulous, detail oriented-doers, who know how to balance sustainable, scalable systems with urgent, high priority demands. Though an internal facing department, we take a customer service-centered approach to meeting the needs of the company so Komaza can thrive.
About This Role
The Finance Systems Senior Associate will lead the design and implementation of scalable operational and data systems for our managerial finance and accounting activities. You will work closely with the finance department and end users across functions and levels to trial and roll out finance systems that will withstand and support Komaza’s geographic expansion and rapid scaling.
What You Will Do
- Develop finance and accounting systems to support rapid-scale company-wide financial planning and operations
- Design digital finance and accounting systems to increase efficiency and accuracy for all payments, such as petty cash, Mpesa, bank transfers
- Create reporting tools and systems based on deep understanding of user needs within functions and across departments and levels, ranging from off-the-shelf software to in-house GSheet/Excel tools
- Work closely with finance team and end users to pilot new systems and collect action-learnings to inform decision-making
- Launch new systems through documenting SOPs, developing and conducting trainings, and monitoring integration into operations, with an eye towards future improvements
- Support senior leadership team to make decision on Financial MIS through presenting well-researched findings and recommendations
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related field
- Proven experience working with digital, cloud-based solutions in financial management
- Passion for Komaza’s mission to lift rural farmers out of poverty through the rapid scaling of our microforestry model
- Strong organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills with impeccable spoken and written English
How You Work
- Define challenges and design solutions by questioning assumptions and seeking early-stage feedback
- Build new systems through design-thinking lens and with a lean (“MVP”) approach
- Manage projects using plans, budgets, RACI matrices and scenario BVAs
- Leverage MS Office, GSuite, Asana & Google calendar to optimize productivity
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Flexible and self-motivated with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Willing and eager to learn and master new technical and professional skills
- Self-directed and intellectually curious – you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Proactive at identifying and communicating challenges and proposed solutions to successfully accomplish work
What We Expect
This role calls for an experienced professional with 3+ years of relevant experience with a high-performing operating company, consultancy, banking firm, or start-up. You are a good fit for Komaza if you want to make a meaningful commitment to this role for a minimum of 2 years. This role is based at our headquarters in Kilifi, Kenya. The role offers competitive salary and benefits with potential for further career growth.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: