KOKO Networks Job Vacancy 2019 for Android Principal Engineer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KOKO Networks Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
KOKO Networks Job Vacancy 2019
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. We build and deploy cloud-connected “KOKOpoints” inside local retail outlets, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers.
Our first consumer solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market.
In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the company which owns and operates Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
- Lead work streams with Product and QA to design and develop our Android applications
- Work with peers to find efficient solutions for architectural problems
- Lead code reviews, tech sessions and provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to developers on best practices and improvement initiatives
- Improve test automation by writing unit tests and guiding others in this process
- Implement CI/CD processes
- Keep up to date with open-source Android ecosystem to ensure new frameworks and technologies are being used in KOKO’s applications
- Manage Level 3 support functions for production systems which include immediate fixes to any critical defects or essential enhancements in the live systems and setting a high standard for such support service levels within the engineering team
- Contribute to building a strong culture of technical excellence within the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Java and Android SDK, Gradle, and third party frameworks, tools, and SDKs, such as Retrofit
- Significant experience working with product managers, designers, and QA in a SCRUM environment
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Expertise in integrating Android applications with back-end services including offline and synchronisation techniques
- Experience developing real-time, low-latency, high-availability, and high performing applications using IoT technologies and communications (MQTT, etc.)
- Experience working with hardware devices and hardware communications protocols (Serial USB, RS232, other Hardware comms)
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channel as well as via bespoke channels
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organisation
- Ability to prioritise work and tasks under pressure
- Ability to build, implement, and direct quality assurance principles and maintain quality of delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: