KNEC Job Vacancies 2018 for ICT Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council (also referred to as KNEC or the Council) was established in 1980 under the Kenya National Examinations Council Act Cap 225A of the Laws of Kenya. This Act (Cap 225A of 1980) was repealed in 2012 and replaced with KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012.
Job Type Full Time
The Officer will report to the Deputy Director, Information Communication Technology.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Communications Technology,Electronics Engineering or any other ICT related disciplines with a bias in Computer Science from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Chief ICT Officer for three (3) years or in an equivalent and relevant position OR have a cumulative working experience of at least fifteen (15) years in a related field. Those below Job group ‘N’ in Government or TSC or its equivalent need not apply;
- A Cisco Certified Network Analysts certificate;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Oversee the operation of IT services to maintain the protection of enterprise information and reliability of service delivery;
- Undertake systematic monitoring and scanning of the enterprise’s external environment to identify emerging technologies that have the potential to create value;
- Assess availability, performance and capacity of services and resources to ensure cost-justifiable capacity and performance are available to support business needs and to deliver against agreed Service Level Agreements;
- Work with the business to determine future network requirements and produce network designs to meet the network availability, performance and security of the business;
- Proactively identify business risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Perform network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain network performance to meet user demand;
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of the network by ensuring network access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to;
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages;
- Evaluate new network hardware and software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology;
- Collect and analyse operational data (especially incident and change records) to identify emerging trends and log problem records to assist with problem resolution and increased network availability;
- Provide technical administration and leadership to customers on products, systems and configuration;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical support;
- Monitor, analyse and report on systems performance;
- Contribute to building capability within the ICT technical stream ensuring effective knowledge sharing and coaching;
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of Government Performance Contracting Process and Quality Management;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Ability to drive positive change and innovation;
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity and maturity, judgment, and people management skills, including team working/building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply. c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: