KNCHR Job Vacancies 2018 for Internships 2018 (2 Posts)
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is a Constitutional Commission established under Article 59 and Chapter 15 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and operationalized by the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011(Revised 2012) and the UN Paris Principles. KNCHR’s mandate is to develop a culture of human rights through the promotion and protection of human rights and freedoms in the Republic of Kenya. KNCHR’s role is to advise, audit and watchdog both government and private institutions on human rights and freedoms compliance. KNCHR operationalizes its human rights mandate through; Research and Compliance, Public Education and Training, Reforms and Accountability, Complaints and Investigations, Redress, and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Programmes. KNCHR headquarter is situated in Nairobi City County with five regional offices located in Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Laikipia Campus. All officers may serve in any of these locations.
The KNCHR therefore invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following internship positions.
Position: Interns (2)
- Complaints and Investigations Department (1)-Open
- Human Resources and Administration Department (1)-Open
- To work closely with Programme /Departmental heads and staff in order to learn from the work of the Commission in various departments.
- Assist in Programme/Work plan implementation and assist in running and maintaining various Programmes in KNCHR,
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Programme Officers.
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (as per departments above) from a recognized institution.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Proven research, writing and communication capability
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
How to Apply
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, send your application letter together with a detailed CV indicating the department/programme you are applying to, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 11th February, 2018.
The Commission Secretary
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P.O. Box 74359 – 00200
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only Applications that reference the department applied to will be considered.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the programmes/departments, visit the KNCHR website www.knchr.org.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: