KNBS Job Vacancy 2018 for Statistics Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KNBS Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
KNBS Job Vacancy 2018
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positions:-
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Macroeconomic Statistics, the job holder will undertake Macroeconomic Statistics assignments that will enable the Directorate to fulfill its mandate.
- Assisting in designing, developing and reviewing data collection instruments;
- Assisting in designing, developing and implementing statistical surveys programmes in macroeconomic Statistics;
- Supervising macroeconomic data collection process;
- Preparing data tabulation and analysis plans;
- Editing, validating, compiling and analyzing data;
- Providing inputs into Monthly Leading Economic Indicators, Statistical Abstract and Economic Survey reports;
- Monitoring statistical trends and dynamics;
- Preparing of reports on macroeconomic statistics;
- Handling data requests;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Outstanding communication and inter personal skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and submit the following documents: –
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
- Clearance Certificate from CRB
- A current Certificate of Good conduct from CID
- Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Clearance from EACC
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102
Applications must be received not later than 19th November, 2018 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: