Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018 for Psychosocial Counselor Volunteer NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is to empower the poor and marginalized people to effectively access justice and realize their human and people’s rights through advocacy, networking, lobbying, legal aid and education, legal representation and research.
Based at the Nairobi branch office and Mombasa Regional Office, the Forced Migration Program is specifically devoted to the welfare of urban refugees in Kenya. KITUO seeks to recruit, in the Forced Migration Program, a committed self-driven and enthusiastic person to fill in the above-cited position in the Nairobi program.
Reporting to the Forced Migration Program coordinator, he/she will carry out the following:
- Conduct comprehensive psychological assessments
- Provision of psychological support: basic individual counseling, support groups and referral
- Conducting community outreach activities, mobilization and attending to clients
- Contribute to the department’s proposal writing and reporting
- Collaborate closely with legal officers in terms of case management and follow-up of clients
- Participate in working group meetings, etc. as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Counselling, Psychology or a higher diploma in Counselling
- Experience in the provision of psychosocial services to refugees/asylum seekers is an advantage
- Good report writing and communication skills
- A team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ensure professionalism in services delivery and ethics
The volunteer position has duration of at least 6 months (with possibility of extension).
How to Apply
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant testimonials, day telephone number and email address should be addressed to;
THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER KITUO CHA SHERIA (LEGAL ADVICE CENTER) P.O. BOX 7483- 00300 NAIROBI
The application must reach us at the close of business on 21st November 2018.Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: