Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018 for Psychosocial Counselor NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) Job Vacancy 2018
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is to empower the poor and marginalized people to effectively access justice and realize their human and people’s rights through advocacy, networking, lobbying, legal aid and education, legal representation and research.
Based at the Nairobi branch office and Mombasa Regional Office, the Forced Migration Program is specifically devoted to the welfare of urban refugees in Kenya.KITUO seeks to recruit, in the Forced Migration Program, a dynamic, self-driven and result oriented person to fill in the above-cited position in the Nairobi program.
Reporting to the Coordinator Forced Migration Program, he/she will carry out the following:
- Assessing the mental health status of refugees and producing a database
- Providing individual counseling, support groups or group psychotherapy
- Collaborate closely with legal officers in terms of case management and follow-up of clients
- Providing training for non-clinical staff regarding trauma-related issues and self-care strategies
- Sensitizing refugee communities regarding trauma and empowering them to develop own strategies to overcome consequences of war and violence
- Provide training for and supervise community members working as lay-counselors
- Program development including proposal and report writing and financial monitoring
- Advocacy & Networking
- Master degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or Bachelor degree/similar qualification with strong proven knowledge and experience in providing technical support to MHPSS programs.
- 3 years of professional experience in working with survivors of war, political violence and torture, preferably in a NGO context.
- Experience in the participatory development of community-based programs.
- Very good command of Kiswahili and English, oral and written.
- Knowledge of refugee-related (legal) issues is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal& intercultural skills.
How to Apply
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant testimonials, day telephone number and email address should be addressed to;
THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER KITUO CHA SHERIA (LEGAL ADVICE CENTER) P.O. BOX 7483- 00300 NAIROBI
The application must reach us at the close of business on 21st November 2018.Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: