Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018 for Driver, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provision, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions below in the County Ministry of Lands, Infrastructure, Housing and urban Development:
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Served in the grade of Driver III for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test III for Drivers;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a First Aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance, Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 5th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Higher Education Loans Board
Kenya Revenue Authority
Credit Reference Bureau
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: