Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018 for Admin Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kitui County Job Vacancy 2018
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provision, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions below in the County Ministry of Lands, Infrastructure, Housing and urban Development:
Requirements for the Senior Office Administrative Assistant Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Served in the grade of Office Administrative Assistant I for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES & GC) from the Kenya National Examinations Council in the following subjects;
- Typewriting III (minimum 50 w.p.m)/Computerised Document Processing III;
- Business English III/Communications III;
- Office Practice II;
- Commerce II;
- Secretarial Duties II;
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III;
Craft Certificate in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council;
- Certificate in Public Relations and Customer Care course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from the Kenya School of Government or any other government training institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Senior Office Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Taking oral dictation;
- Word and data processing;
- Operating office equipment;
- Ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Maintaining diary and scheduling of meetings;
- Ensuring an up to date filing system in the office;
- Supervision of office cleanliness;
- Handling routine correspondences;
- Managing office petty cash; and
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by a competent authority.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 5th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Higher Education Loans Board
Kenya Revenue Authority
Credit Reference Bureau
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: