Kitui County Job Vacancies 2018 for General Accountant
Job Group ‘R’
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be in possession of a relevant Masters degree from a university recognised in Kenya;
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in financial management, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
The Accountant General will be responsible to the relevant Chief Officer for the following:
- Advising on all accounting matters of the County Government of Kitui;
- Developing and ensuring implementation of effective internal controls;
- Advising on the efficient use of financial resources and county assets;
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012;
- Preparing management financial reports for use by county entities;
- Advising on efficient and effective use of financial resources and county assets;
- Ensuring effective budgetary implementation and controls;
- Ensuring efficient and effective cash flow management;
- Coordinating capacity building for accounting staff;
- Coordinating performance reviews on the financial performance of county entities; and
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the relevant Chief Officer.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200,
Important information to all Candidates Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday, 6th March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Higher Education Loans Board
Kenya Revenue Authority
Credit Reference Bureau
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: