Kisii County Recruitment 2018 for Tourism Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kisii County Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kisii County Recruitment 2018
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
J/G ‘R’ (1 POST)
Tourism Director Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of tourism policies, strategies, programmes and projects;
- Technical advisor on matters pertaining to tourism;
- Coordinate the implementation and review of county tourism policies and the county tourism strategies;
- Facilitation of the county’s membership and participation in tourism related international organizations;
- Overall management in matters related to marketing, planning and regulation of tourism in the county;
- Overall coordinator in relation to niche tourism development in the county;
- Promotion of domestic tourism in the county;
- Plan, direct, supervise and performance management of all employees under his/her supervision;
- Oversee the use, maintenance and inventory of equipment and facilities used in the directorate of tourism;
- Undertaking tourism research and maintaining a depository of all data and information on tourism and tourism industry players within Kisii County;
- Maintain necessary linkages between the directorate and other stakeholders.
Requirements for the Tourism Director Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Tourism or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A master’s degree in Tourism will be an added advantage.
- Have relevant experience of not less than seven (7) years in the public service or the private sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance & results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, county development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation.
- Have knowledge of Tourism and Wildlife legislation.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Have good leadership and communication skills.
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya’s guidelines.
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 25th June, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board,
Mwalimu Hotel Building,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More