Kisii County Recruitment 2018 for Principal Superintending Engineer (Mechanical), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kisii County Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kisii County Recruitment 2018
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
J/G ‘Q’ (1 POST)
Principal Superintending Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Assist in development, implementation and evaluation of the relevant division strategic plans, programs and projects in collaboration with other departments and stakeholders.
- Assist Planning and supervision of the relevant division’s programs and activities.
- Assist organization, direction, control and the co-ordination of the tasks of the division.
- Help in interpreting and applying national and county laws and other related statutes in the relevant division in line with the county goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing appropriate county departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the division.
- Assist in handling administrative, human resource and asset management issues.
- Assist in preparation of annual work plans and financial budgets.
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures.
- Co-ordination of production, documentation and dissemination of the relevant division’s information.
- Provide advice and guidance in recruiting, hiring and staff development.
Requirements for the Principal Superintending Engineer Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- A holder of BSc. Mechanical Engineering from a university recognized in Kenya.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Possess current valid practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Corporate membership with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya.
- Have relevant experience of not less than seven (7) years in the public service or the private sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance & results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, county development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Proficiency in computer applications and computer aided designs (AutoCAD).
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya’s guidelines.
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 25th June, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board,
Mwalimu Hotel Building,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
- EXPLORE MORE: