Kisii County Job Vacancy 2018 for Board Chairman, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kisii County Job Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kisii County Job Recruitment 2018
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Sections 58 and 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
(Terms Of Service: Six (6) Years Contract, Non-Renewable)
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Overall in charge of the Board;
- Chairing Board meetings and signing of Board Minutes;
- Establish and abolish offices in the county public service;
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County Public Service and to confirm appointments;
- Exercise disciplinary control over and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for in law;
- Advising the County Government on Human Resource Management and Development;
- Advising the County Government on implementation and monitoring of the national Performance management system in the county;
- Ensure a lean and efficient organization structure and facilitate the development of coherent integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county;
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission on behalf of the County Government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for the county public service employees;
- Ensure the preparation of regular reports on the execution of the functions of the Board as per Section 59 (d &f) of the County Government Act, 2012 and submit the same to the County Assembly;
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 are complied with in the county public service;
- Perform any other relevant duties as per the County Government Act.
Chairperson, County Public Service Board Job Requirements And Competencies
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya. A Masters’ Degree will be added advantage.
- Have a working experience of not less than ten years in Administration and Management.
- Demonstrate experience in human resource management.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- Be a professional with relevant code of conduct.
- Not a holder of a Public or State Office.
- Understand the diversity within the County.
- Be visionary and strategic thinker.
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be a team player.
NOTE: Applicants For The Above Positions Are Required To Get (Valid I.E. Year 2018) Clearance From The Underlisted Organizations To Meet Requirements Of Chapter Six Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 8th May, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to categories A and B respectively as shown below:-
The County Secretary, The Secretary/CEO,
Kisii County Government, Kisii County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 4550 – 40200,
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Secretary’s office and County Public Service Board’s offices situated at old Kisii Municipal Building and Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor respectively.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: