Kisii County Job Application Details Director Water & Sanitation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kisii County Job Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kisii County Job Recruitment 2018
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Sections 58 and 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
The holder of this position reports to the Chief Officer Water and Sanitation.
Duties And Responsibilities for the Director Water & Sanitation Job
- To enforcement of all rules and regulations established by the county government of Kisii in respect to construction, operation, maintenance, protection and use of public water supply and waste water infrastructure within the county and ensure compliance to the national sector standards;
- Assignment of work, check and manage work allocated to the staff under his supervision;
- Coordinate and take responsibility of all work related to water and sanitation within the county;
- Program and ensure all deadlines on water and sanitation infrastructure development and provision is met;
- Formulate water control guidelines in accordance with the provisions of the water act review and initiate improvements in the county water policy framework;
- Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate water programs in the county;
- Implement water and sanitation policy in the county;
- Coordinate different units of water and sanitation sections in the County;
- Planning of water resource development by forecasting and monitoring water usage and rainfall;
- Coordinate design activities including preparation of specifications tender contracts;
- Coordinate water supply and sanitation daily operations in the county;
- Liaise with stake holders and government agencies on program implementations;
- Plan responses to specific weather conditions such as drought and floods and assess the impacts of such events on water catchment and supplies;
- Draft performance reporting for Water Service Providers and other staff working in the Department;
- Prepare reports related to the water act and sanitation sector in the county; and
- Attend meetings/fora for the department.
Director Water & Sanitation Job Requirements And Competencies
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Civil, Water and Environmental Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized University.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Must be able to design or oversee projects involving provision of portable water, disposal of waste water and sewerage infrastructure or prevention of flood related damage /disaster.
- Seven (7) years relevant experience of which 3 years should be in Senior Management position in water sector.
- Must be able to prepare environmental documentations for water resources.
- Must be able to prepare regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis and field work.
- Perform hydraulic modeling and pipeline design.
- Must be computer literate in relevant computer-aided design knowledge and skills.
- Registered with relevant and recognized professional body.
NOTE: Applicants For The Above Positions Are Required To Get (Valid I.E. Year 2018) Clearance From The Underlisted Organizations To Meet Requirements Of Chapter Six Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 8th May, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to categories A and B respectively as shown below:-
The County Secretary, The Secretary/CEO,
Kisii County Government, Kisii County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 4550 – 40200,
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Secretary’s office and County Public Service Board’s offices situated at old Kisii Municipal Building and Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor respectively.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: