KIPPRA Job Vacancy 2019 for Senior Legal Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KIPPRA Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
KIPPRA Job Vacancy 2019
To ensure proper advisory to the Executive Director and the Board on legal issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of KIPPRA, and advising on legislative and other measures that affect the Board.
- Liaising with external law firms on litigations by preparing witness statements and collecting evidence;
- Providing legal opinion on matters pertaining to KIPPRA;
- Updating the Institute on new relevant legislations;
- Filing periodic statutory returns with the regulators;
- Drawing standard contract templates;
- Reviewing contract agreements, leases and other legal documents;
- Undertaking research on legal issues relating to KIPPRA;
- Ensuring compliance with Laws, regulations, standards and codes;
- Monitoring and evaluate compliance with regulations, contractual obligations and policies and implement corrective actions;
- Conducting investigations on court cases on matters before filing suit; and
- Maintaining safe custody of contracts and legal documents
For an appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law
- The minimum period of three (3) years post admission in Legal Affairs;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- Proficiency in computer skills;
- Management course lasting not less than 2 weeks
- Knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Knowledge and exposure to finance sector laws, regulations, rules & guidelines.
- Ability to prepare contracts and various relevant legal documents.
- Experience in legislative drafting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
All applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City Square,
Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
All Email applications to be sent to: email@example.com
Applications should reach the Institute, not later than close of business on Monday 13TH May 2019at 17:00 Hrs
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: