Kipawa Job Vacancy 2018 for Deputy Managing Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kipawa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kipawa Job Vacancy 2018
Kipawa means talent in Kiswahili, and that is exactly what we specialize in! We work with companies to fill their vacancies with amazing candidates at a much faster rate from a wide talent pool! Our client, Garden City is seeking to recruit a Deputy MD to support the Managing Director of Garden City. The real estate investment and delivery platform is focused on a multi-phased, mixed use 47 acre estate in Nairobi, Kenya. The development/asset is partway through delivery and straddles two Real Estate Funds. The ‘estate’ has a current development plan for ongoing build out and ultimate exit across a blend of commercial, residential, healthcare and hospitality uses over a 5-7 year period. In the shorter term, the existing Garden City Shopping mall is under asset management and the GC Residences has remaining inventory which are under sale.
The Deputy MD role will require a candidate that has at least 10 years’ experience in the real estate and property industry and hold a relevant first and master’s degree. Experience gained in the real estate investment, asset management and development delivery disciplines is seen as necessary. The right candidate will have moved through and will be able to demonstrate ‘hands on’ experience of the investment and development cycle (business case through to asset exit) in one or more sectors, including project positioning, financial modelling, overall strategy definition and promotion, sales and marketing, project leadership and accountability.
Motivation of people and teams will be a key requirement. The role will require the ability to communicate and report to the MD, direct supervision of the internal development teams and at site level with prospective clients (commercial tenants and residential buyers) along with the sales and marketing teams.
CV’s that just list ‘projects’ will not be helpful in assessing candidate’s relevant skills and experience. We will need to see a demonstration of how specific skills and personal leadership and management has been applied to their previous roles to identify the depth of their experience. Remuneration package will be in accordance with the seniority of the role and reflect the skills and experience necessary.
General Deputy MD duties; The Deputy MD shall be responsible for supporting the MD in managing the development and execution of the Dev Co long term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. This role also entails being responsible for the proper and effective implementation of all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the long and short term plans. The Deputy MD shall act as a direct liaison between the MD and the various development and management partners, employees, consultants, other stakeholders across the estate and the public. The department heads reporting direct to the Deputy MD include CFO, Development Manager, Sales Manager and Marketing Manager.
More specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the Deputy MD include the following:
- to manage and oversee the implementation of the DevCo’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy for GC Business Park, GC Mall and GC Residences. This will encompass oversight and day to day management on GC branding, sales and marketing, design, construction, and asset management;
- to ensure that expenditures of the DevCo are within authorized budgets of the DevCo;
- to act as a liaison and to communicate effectively between the MD and the employees, consultants, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public;
- to assess the principal risks of the DevCo and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
- to keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the DevCo and all material external factors affecting the DevCo and to ensure that processes and systems in place are being properly implemented;
- to abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the DevCo’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
- to ensure that the MD is properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to enable the MD to form appropriate judgment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to KiPawa Referral Network career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: