Kimetrica Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kimetrica job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kimetrica Job Vacancy 2018
Kimetrica Limited is a Social Enterprise with a global reach focused on providing policymakers with the tools and skills they need to do their job well. Kimetrica’s core capabilities are in the provision of Advisory, Research, Software and Training Services for non-profit project management.
Our focus areas are Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM). Kimetrica provides services globally, and has offices in Kenya, Ethiopia and the United States of America.
Kimetrica will be conducting an Impact Evaluation for USAID’s Partnership for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG) that have brought together humanitarian and development partners to build resilience among the vulnerable pastoralist communities in the arid and semi-arid lands (ASAL) region, situated primarily in Northern Kenya.
Kimetrica is currently seeking is a Project Accountant who will be responsible for Kimetrica’s accounts in Kenya. The Accountant shall be responsible for executing financial related activities to support and not limited to the implementation of projects. The accountant will provide support in other finance areas as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with all office staff.
The Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations and in close collaboration with accountants from other Kimetrica offices and branches. The Project Accountant will also liaise with Project Managers and Associates to ensure effective financial service delivery to Kimetrica projects.
- Vendor Payments / Accounts Payable
- Make payments to utilities and suppliers and maintain accounts for creditors
- Enter all transactions into the accounting system (PROCAS & QuickBooks); identify the proper account codes for each transaction.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense reports and requests for payment.
- Prepare payroll and process statutory deductions of NSSF, NHIF and PAYE and remit as per set timelines.
- Ensure that salary is disbursed to all employees on schedule.
- Collect and verify timesheets, check for project codes and approvals.
- Verify expense reports and ensure timely payment of travel advances/settlement of expenses Ensure payment of consultants and casuals
- Accounts Receivable
- Assist in the billing and invoicing of clients Verify status of payments with clients and banks
- Cash Management and Banking
- Ensure that petty cash is managed efficiently and controls are observed
- Verify petty cash vouchers and field expenses Ensure full verification and reconciliation of bank statements
- Audit, Annual Accounts and Tax Returns
- Assist with tax computations and tax returns for all categories of tax.
- Assist in financial and statutory reporting
- Act as a custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the Fixed Asset Register and inventory control
- Assist in preparation of accounts and other documentation for external audit.
- Assist in internal audit process and compliance with administrative controls. Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
- Project Support
- Conduct research on market prices and wage rates for project budgeting
- Assist in preparation of project budgets
- Provide project financial reports and statements to staff as required
- Assist project managers in the financial management of projects
- Assist in the management of project assets6. Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist in Kimetrica accounting and financial management as required.
- Part or full CPA (K)
- 3 to 5 years work experience in accounting for a medium to large company
- Computer literate with use of internet, excel and QuickBooks accounting software
- Keen attention to detail e. High levels of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Accounting degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong English language communications
- Knowledge of project-based accounting methods preferred
Terms and Conditions
- Opportunities for specialised training in project based accounting
- Nairobi based with some regional travel.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is full time
- Opportunities for rapid career development in a young and growing company
How to Apply
Submit a detailed CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited for the position firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th September 2018. Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: “Project Accountant”.
DO NOT INCLUDE SCANS OR COPIES OF CERTITIFICATES AND REFERENCES.
We will only contact eligible candidates to further discuss their availability.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: