Kiambu County Job Vacancy 2018 for Operations & Maintenance, Application Details
Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Roads, Transport, Public Works and Utilities. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
Assistant Director – Operations & Maintenance (Electrical)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage integration of renewable energy generation into existing systems;
- Develop objectives and policies directed toward energy consumption;
- Devise and review policies and systems for utilizing energy resources in the county;
- Screen, monitor and communicate good practices in the area of energy;
- Promote renewable energy, and energy saving technologies that can contribute to sustainable utilization of natural resources;
- Support community initiatives that will enhance adaptation to climate change and poverty reduction;
- Co-ordinate and control of division’s energy activities including but not limited to public lighting;
- Promote energy conservation in the County;
- Carry out regular Energy Audits and surveys on County Equipment, Hospitals, Buildings etc.
- Increase renewable energy awareness across the County through training, workshops and other initiatives.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Equivalent from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Registerable with EBK and ERC;
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in the field of energy from a reputable organization and served in senior position.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Secretary County Public Service Board P O Box 2362 – 00900 KIAMBU
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2018) documents below.
Kenya Revenue Authority
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the 16th April,2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: