KHRC Job Recruitment 2018 for Legal Affairs Internships
Its founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya and beyond.
The KHRC conducts and provides evidence-based research and analysis on human rights in Kenya, advocates for the full realization of all rights and works with community-based networks across the country to help them organize and mobilize for the attainment of these
The KHRC is seeking a young graduate who is looking to gain practical experience in the field of Human Rights.
The successful intern will be engaged for a period of six (6) months.
Reporting To: Program Advisor, Legal Affairs
Period of Engagement: 6 Months
Qualifications for the Legal Affairs Internship
Interested applications should possess a minimum of the following:
- Applicant should have graduated or has finalized 4th-year coursework and is awaiting graduation, to graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Law, 2nd Class Honors.
- Applicant should have between 3 months and 1-year experience working with international, labor, family, human rights and/or environmental law
- Applicant should not be admitted to Kenya School of Law or if admitted should have successfully completed pupillage and is awaiting admission to the bar
- Ability, knowledge and passion to handle legal aid cases and assist clients from all walks of life will be an advantage
- A knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the respective laws and regulations will be an added advantage
- Ability to draft legal proceedings, legal reports, file cases and attend court hearings
- Be a citizen of Kenya, and if not a resident should have the necessary permits to allow them to live and work in Kenya
- Should have a valid certificate of good conduct
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Willingness to learn with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and ability to work in all thematic areas within the organization
- A highly motivated individual
- A self-starter-functional problem solver
- Process discipline – ability to follow standard operating procedures
How to Apply
Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities. Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to[email protected], with the subject line: Intern – Legal Affairs The cover letter should include a brief overview of the candidate’s suitability for the role, including an outline of relevant past research and advocacy experience.
CVs should be a maximum 3 pages long and should include relevant past education and experience. Candidates are encouraged to visit KHRC’s website to learn more about our work before applying: http://www.khrc.or.ke. The closing date for applications is Friday, 19th January 2018.
Applications submitted past this date will not be considered. Applications that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered. DISCLAIMER: KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: