KEPHIS Job Vacancy For Legal Officer, Application Details
Legal Officer Job Responsibilities
- Drafting of agreements, contracts, leases and maintaining records of such transactions.
- Liaising with external legal councils on legal matters affecting the Board.
- Verifying all contracts, agreements, leases in which the Board enters into to ensure compliance.
- Advising the Management on legal aspects of administrative matters.
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues.
- Collecting and collating research data.
- Vetting and verification of documents before execution by authorized representatives of the Board.
- Liaising with the office of the Attorney General on legal issues affecting the Board in execution of its mandate.
- Prepare witnesses and the evidence as well as presenting the same in court while keeping an updated record of all court cases.
- Collaborate and correspond with external advocates on all pending court cases.
- Attend to internal company queries of legal nature in the facilitation of normal business.
- Assist with Board affairs in the absence of the Corporation secretary.
- Deputize the Corporation Secretary in the performance of company secretarial duties whenever called upon.
- Advising Procurement committees on legal issues.
Qualifications for the Legal Officer Job
- Possess a Bachelors of Law Degree or form a recognized institution and an advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
- Be conversant with laws of the country and the common practice of the field.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Can work well under pressure and prioritize work.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should fill the employment application form through the website(www.kephis.org) or download the form from the website and send the duly filled form together with copies of academic and professional certificates and national identity card by 22nd January, 2018 to: The Managing Director, Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), P.O. Box 49592-00100,NAIROBI. Download Employment Application Form Online Recruitment Portal Use only one method of application: either online through the KEPHIS website or hard copy. KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant certificates; sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: