KEPHIS Job Vacancy For Inspectors (2 Posts), Application Details
Inspectors Job Responsibilities
Inspection and grading of agricultural produce at entry/exit points.
- Field inspections for market compliance;
- Inspection of plant quarantine facilities;
- Inspection of facilities meant for introduction of GMOs;
- Inspection of facilities for holding biological control agents and other beneficial organisms;
- Undertake surveillance and pest risk analysis (PRA).
- Development of emergency response systems and pest management.
- Coordination of farmer advisory services through stakeholder awareness meetings.
Qualifications for the Inspectors Job
- MSC in Crop Protection/Plant Pathology/Entomology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology and/or BSC in Agriculture, Horticulture or Agronomy from a recognized University.
- Knowledge on identification, diagnosis and management of pests.
- Knowledge in Pest Risk Analysis, surveillance, general plant health and compliance determination in traded commodities.
- Knowledge on biosafety and biosecurity.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- Ability to work independently, in a team and under pressure.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- The scientific publication will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of a Quality Management System
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should fill the employment application form through the website (www.kephis.org) or download the form from the website and send the duly filled form together with copies of academic and professional certificates and national identity card by 22nd January, 2018 to: The Managing Director, Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), P.O. Box 49592-00100,NAIROBI. Download Employment Application Form Online Recruitment Portal Use only one method of application: either online through the KEPHIS website or hard copy. KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant certificates; sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: