KEPHIS Job Vacancy For Infrastructure Systems Administrator, Application Details
(1 positions) – Ref: VA/7/12/2017
Table of Contents
Systems Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Infrastructure management and support. I.e. LAN, WAN, Servers, firewall/Virus protection, systems backups and Telephone Systems
- System Administration for E-Mail services, Servers, PCs, Networks and Business Applications.
- Information system security Management- Development and enforcing of ICT Security policies and standards.
- Carry out regular or preventative maintenance as required.
- ICT Support Services to KEPHIS staff and external system users at the assigned support office.
- Help Desk Administration – Provide advice, helpdesk and “break-fix” services to internal and external ICT users
- Undertake ICT projects as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications for the Systems Administrator Job
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or any related degree from a recognized University.
- At least 3 (three) years of experience supporting Networks and Servers in a busy environment.
- Relevant Professional Certifications (e.g. Microsoft, CISCO, Cyberoam, HP, VMware, etc.) would be an added advantage
- Good System diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Computer Networking Skills (LAN, WAN, MPLS)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Conversant with virtualization technologies (VMware, XenServer, etc)
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (MSSQL, MYSQL).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should fill the employment application form through the website (www.kephis.org) or download the form from the website and send the duly filled form together with copies of academic and professional certificates and national identity card by 22nd January, 2018 to: The Managing Director, Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), P.O. Box 49592-00100,NAIROBI. Download Employment Application Form Online Recruitment Portal Use only one method of application: either online through the KEPHIS website or hard copy. KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant certificates; sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: