Kenya Water Towers Job Vacancy 2018 for ICT Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Water Towers Job Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya Water Towers Job Vacancy 2018
The Manager ICT is the Head of ICT unit answerable to Director General and is responsible for:-
- Advise the Agency on ICT standards, systems and other related matters.
- Developing mechanisms and linkages for accessing modern technological information for application in the water towers;
- Ensuring implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT policies and strategies;
- Establishing strategy on information sharing on conservation initiatives (rehabilitation, restoration and management activities).
- Carrying out system analysis, design & program specifications in liaison with the users;
- Ensure development, implementation & maintenance of systems;
- Ensure adherence to established ICT standards;
- Ensure installation certification, carry out repair & maintenance of all ICT equipment & associated peripherals;
- Recommend and manage hardware/software specifications for ICT equipment;
- Verification, validation and certification of ICT equipment;
- Designing appropriate database for the Kenya water towers;
- Interpretation of national and international ICT policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Ensure user support including staff training;
- Ensure availability, security, confidentiality and integrity of Information & ICT infrastructure;
- Designing secure retrieval systems; and
- Schedule preventive maintenance of all ICT equipment in the Agency.
Specifications for the ICT Manager Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Science or any other related and equivalent qualifications from recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- MCSE or at a minimum Certification in either network/system administration or its equivalence from a recognized institution from a recognized body.
- Served for a minimum period of six (6) years three(3)of which must be at a senior management level;
- Membership to an IT professional body;
- Other IT professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Attended a Management course lasting not less than four(4) weeks;
- Demonstrated professional competence in systems analysis, design, programmes specification,;
- Communication skills and ability to train and supervise staff;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Kenya Vision 2030 and related development goals;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity;
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download specific job requirements for each post, and application form from the KWTA website www.kwta.go.ke
Those who meet the requirements can send their application form either in soft copy in MS word and PDF via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop hard copies in sealed envelopes at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building. Online, posted and hand-delivered applications must bear the Title and Number of the Vacancy being applied for.
The applications both electronic and hard copies should reach the undersigned not later than 7th May, 2018 at close of business (5 pm).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director General Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA)
NHIF Bldg, 15th Floor, Ragati Rd, Off Ngong Rd
P.O. Box 42903-00100
GPO Nairobi- KENYA
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: