Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018 for Internal Auditor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018
Overall purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Internal Auditor the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the audit function in the audit of systems including computerized systems and in reviewing adherence to management policies and procedures.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail-
- Preparing audit plans for systems and ICT audit reviews to ensure all auditable areas are covered;
- Performing detailed evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems and infrastructure;
- Participate in Audit assignments which will include risk based ICT audits, plus tasks assigned to other areas;
- Providing recommendations to improve internal control by ensuring information security controls;
- Providing policy/system recommendations at development stage to ensure adequate coverage of sub policies/integration of security controls in system;
- Managing follow up reviews to ensure implementation of recommendations by the Board Audit and Risk Committee, Internal and External auditors;
- Monitoring the implementation and operation of defined controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis;
- Reviewing data and network security such as access controls, systems back-ups and segregation of duties;
- Reviewing documentation/procedures such as Service level agreements, IT contracts, DRP, programs and ICT policy; and
- Ensuring quality assurance to all work delivered, including working papers, both meet the standards required as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions.
Requirements for the Internal Auditor Job
The successful candidate will: –
- Possess a Bachelors of Commerce/Computer science or relevant business related degree from a recognized university.
- CPA II
- Have at least four (4) years working experience of which at least 2 years should be in performing Information Systems Audits.
- Detailed knowledge of information systems governance, information security principles and practices.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the audit process, controls and procedures.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, and day -time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Send your application to:-
The Director Kenya School of Law P. O. Box 30369-00100 Nairobi.
The application should reach this office on or before 30th October 2018.
ALL APPLICANTS are required to comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance by the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The Kenya School of Law is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: