Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018 for Accounts Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya School of Law Job Vacancy 2018
To ensure proper recording of all receivables and cash creditors transactions, prompt banking of receipts and proper maintenance of cashbook and receivables subsidiary ledger.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail-
- Receiving monies from internal and external customers is acknowledged and accounted for by issuance of and official receipt;
- Ensuring safe custody of all Cash, Cheque and Cash equivalent through instant banking and lockable safe so as to safeguard school revenue;
- Ensuring submission of monthly Reports by generating accounts receivables and expenditure analysis to facilitate decision making;
- Preparing payment vouchers and schedules to ensure that suppliers and service providers are paid and statutory deductions are executed accordingly;
- Updating the vote book to ensure payments are within budget;
- Managing the imprest register to ensure that there is cash flow for smooth daily operations;
- Ensuring safe custody of all accountable documents through lockable safes to avoid fraud through manipulation of old records;
- Liaising between the School and its official bankers through transacting on behalf of the school to limit access to the Institution’s accounts;
- Preparing and submitting statutory deductions so as to avoid penalties from non-remittance and late remittance of the same and comply with statutory obligation; and
- Entering data in the accounting system.
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant Job
The successful candidate will: –
- Be a holder of a CPA Part II or Degree in Accounting, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, and day -time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Send your application to:-
The Director Kenya School of Law P. O. Box 30369-00100 Nairobi.
The application should reach this office on or before 30th October 2018.
ALL APPLICANTS are required to comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance by the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The Kenya School of Law is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: