Kenya Revenue Authority Job Vacancy 2018 for Supervisor
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
Job summary: Providing litigation services on matters affecting the Authority. `
- Make proposals in the development of systems and
- procedures to enhance efficient and effective
- prevention and execution of business risks;
- Undertake research and preparation of legislation
- that impact on KRA and recommendations for any
- necessary amendments;
- Undertake the preparation of Memoranda of
- Understandings, bilateral and multilateral legal
- instruments with tax implications;
- Represent KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals,
- and other courts;
- Analyze Judgments and Rulings for post litigation
- revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue
- Undertake the preparation of Pleadings and Defenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB);
- A Post graduate diploma in Law;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK);
- Computer literate;
- Supervisory courses.
- Relevant work 4 years post admission experience in commercial law and
- experience required litigation practice, 2 of which should be in a comparable
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills;
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical
- Resilient, focused and results oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication,
- presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in these positions should apply, on or before 21st March, 2018. Applicants should complete the Personal History Form and include detailed curriculum vitae.
The job reference number provided must be clearly printed on the envelope which should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner – Human Resources Kenya Revenue Authority Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue P O Box 48240-00100 NAIROBI
For more details on the above vacancy and application procedure, please visit the KRA Website www.kra.go.ke/careers
N.B. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and deposited in the designated box situated on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue, Nairobi.