Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy For Senior Logistics Officer, Application Details
The Kenya Red Cross Society, which is a leading humanitarian organization, has aligned its organizational structure with its strategic direction. It endeavours to deliver excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating Human Suffering.
In this light the Society is strengthening the capacity of its workforce and therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Reporting to: Managing Director, E-plus
Job location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Managing Director, E-plus this role will be responsible for the management and coordination of the logistics and warehouse functions for KRCS and E-plus.
Table of Contents
Duties for the Senior Logistics Officer Job
- Logistics & Warehouse Management:
- Oversee the overall logistics and warehousing function and provide leadership on optimization of in & out bound logistics, warehousing and product demand fulfilment
- Coordinate the issuing of materials, goods and supplies and maintain accurate stock records
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors and ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled and are cost-effective
- Coordinate risk assessment and ensure that the Society’s goods and assets are properly insured for damage and loss, lodge insurance claims and follow up compensation where necessary
- Ensure efficient stock management
- Coordinate effective maintenance and repair of the Society’s fleet of motor vehicles and related machinery and ensure all documentation is up to date including insurance and inspection documents
- Review, verify and authorize motor-vehicle work tickets
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic plan and budget for the acquisition, repair and maintenance of the Society’s fleet of motor-vehicles and related equipment
- Coordinate the implementation of a computerized transport fleet management information system
- Coordinate the investigation of motor-vehicle accidents, provide estimates for repair and maintenance costs and following up with garages and insurance companies
- Ensure performance evaluation for drivers and warehouse staff against defined targets and objectives
- Assess training needs as well as implement on-the-job training programmes and support the training and develop national staff and volunteers
Senior Logistics Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Operations, Business or any other related discipline
- Conversant with KRCS Logistical & Reporting Format
- 5 years professional experience in an operational capacity in a humanitarian aid organization, in field logistics, warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement.
Skills and Competence
- Resilient and able to work in a challenging environment in which flexibility and responsiveness is essential
- Able to lead and motivate staff teams through example, communication and a supportive approach
- Able to interact with senior managers and partners comfortably and effectively
- Ability to adapt positively to different social and cultural settings
- Significant experience in fleet management and knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Inter-personal skills and ability to be a team-player
- Valid driving and clean license
How to Apply
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees one of whom should be former employer, personal contacts such as telephone, e-mail and address should be sent to:-
The Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P. O. Box 40712-00100 NAIROBI
Applications can also be dropped off at Kenya Red Cross Offices or E-Plus Office (Logistics Centre) so as to reach us by the 5th January 2018 at 5.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: