Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy For PR & Communications Officer, Application Details
Emergency Plus Medical Services (E-Plus) is a private company, limited by guarantee, fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society to offer emergency medical services which include 24hr ambulance services, Pre-hospital care training and the sale of first aid kits.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Reporting to: Managing Director, E-plus
Job location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Managing Director, E-plus the Public Relations & Communications Officer responsible for proper communications, positive media relations and promotion of good relations between the organization, key stakeholders and the public.
Table of Contents
Duties for the PR & Communications Officer Job
- Planning, organizing, and implementing overall communication and marketing strategies, as well as public information activities
- Planning and covering E-plus activities in electronic and print for dissemination to the mainstream media and the public
- Managing, planning, directing and implementing proactive communication programs to enhance the image of E-plus and its visibility both internally and externally
- Overseeing E-plus digital communication, including the content for the website, social media, and newsletters
- Conducting targeted campaigns and competitions, both offline and via online social media.
- Development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) items such as brochures, fact sheets, booklets and magazine
- Coordinating the development of graphics as a way of telling E-plus stories through infographics and factographics
- Engage is photography and videography, capturing E-plus activities in a way that enhances its brand and visibility
- Create positive media relations with local, national and international media
- Monitor appearances of E-plus and its staff in the media, as well as participation in internal and external forums
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and line organizations and stakeholders.
- Organising visibility opportunities through press conferences, interviews, press releases, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Providing clients with information about E-plus services, goods and promotional opportunities.
- Liaising with clients and management about budgets, timescales and objectives
- Drafting of speeches, talking notes, letters and communiques as and when required
- Documentation and sharing with various stakeholders lessons learnt through various processes of delivering our mission
- Capture and manage access to relevant data, stories and expertise required to advance
PR & Communications Officer Job Qualifications
- University Degree and Diploma in Mass Communication, PR, and /or Journalism from a government recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience in media relations, PR and communications or corporate affairs in a busy organization
Skills and knowledge
- Communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Research skills
- Presentation skills
- Public Relations and/or Journalism
- Marketing and events promotion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas
How to Apply
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees one of whom should be former employer, personal contacts such as telephone, e-mail and address should be sent to:-
The Managing Director Emergency Plus Medical Services P. O. Box 40712-00100 NAIROBI
Applications can also be dropped off at Kenya Red Cross Offices or E-Plus Office (Logistics Centre) so as to reach us by the 5th January 2018 at 5.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: