Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancy 2018 for Business Engagement Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Red Cross Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
Kenya Red Cross Recruitment 2018
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
KRCS is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Innovation and Private Sector Business Engagement Officer
Reporting to: Disaster Risk Reduction Manager
Job location: Head Quarter-Nairobi
Kenya Red Cross is implementing an Urban Resilience project targeting six informal settlements in Nairobi. The projects objective is to build the resilience of communities living in the informal settlement through innovation and partnerships.
Reporting to the Disaster Risk Reduction Manager, the innovation and Private Sector Business Engagement officer will be responsible for developing and implementing a business engagement strategy to support economic opportunities for the vulnerable populations living in Nairobi informal settlement. S/he will serve as an integral part of the program team, focused on driving awareness, engaging businesses and promoting innovation to improve community business systems and strategies in order to enhance economic opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the project’s principal liaison with the private sector
- Develop standard operating procedures for business engagement and innovation
- Facilitate entrepreneurship trainings at the community level
- Map potential business engagement opportunities, including already existing trainings and internships
- Support community in the development of business plans
- Support human centred and co creation workshops to promote innovation
- Set up community-based innovation hubs
- Establish formal alliances with educational institutions, financial institutions and businesses;
- Track best practices and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues and opportunities in business engagement efforts
- Ensure proper accounts in accordance to the KRCS regulations and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Entrepreneurship or another related field with in-depth understanding of poverty and vulnerability issues in Kenya’s Informal settlements
- Proven track record developing, implementing and evaluating business development plans with a focus on measurable results;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement multi-sector partnerships, based on an understanding of private sector trends and environments;
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities in relevant field in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborations
- Able to coordinate and network with partners to build synergies that enhance sustainability of the project outcomes.
- Sensitive and responsive to gender, ethnicity, disability and other social issues
- Participatory and team approach to work and behaviour
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Able to provide timely, well written and analytical reports to the project team as required.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office and data analysis packages.
- Self-motivated with a passion for the work and keen to learn as well as share knowledge and new ideas around livelihoods.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 20th April 2018
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: