Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancies 2018 for Online & Social Media Editor
HR/CROSS/07/2018 – Online & Social Media Editor
Cross TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Cross TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world.
Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations. Cross TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) Cross TV is seeking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Online & Social Media Editor will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the development of digital strategy of the channel
- Lead the implementation of digital strategy
- Analyze digital media consumption of target audience, and proactively react on trends, digital needs both in platform and content point of view
- Ensure the extension of on-air TV contents on all digital platforms and manage online news coverage
- Take responsibility for the news areas of the website, ensuring consistent high quality, good writing, visuals and timely uploads
- Research and cover news stories, features, specialist interviews and other original contents
- Originate new ideas, and propose ways how to use social media platforms to inform and to engage target audience
- Identify and deploy influencers to interact and engage with KRCS
Required Experience and skills:
- 3 years of online news editing
- Graduate in journalism, communications or technology
- Comfortable with writing, journalism and technology
- A thorough knowledge of news and current affairs in the Kenya, Africa and internationally
- In depth and extensive understanding of news, a good instinct for a story, knowledge of visual layout, photography and video
- Experience and high-level interest in digital developments and trends
- Must be able to use a web publishing software
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong social media skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:
A one page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed as below on or before 6th February 2018.
The Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: