Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancies 2018 for ENG Reporters (6 Posts)
HR/CROSS/06/2018 – ENG Reporters – 6 POSITIONS
Cross TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Cross TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world.
Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations. Cross TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) Cross TV is seeking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the ENG REPORTER will be responsible for the following:
- Generating ideas for stories and features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources
- Pitching ideas to editors
- Researching, verifying and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising editorial judgment on the best angle from which to approach a story
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying and managing technical crews for location shoots, including camera crew
- Providing directorial input, advising crews on what to film or record
- Producing complete packages for broadcast
- Preparing and presenting material for both pre-recorded and live pieces
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews
- Collaborating with the editor to put together the completed program or item
- Developing and maintaining local contacts and assuming a public relations role
Skills & Qualifications
- Graduate in journalism or communications
- 3 years of TV editor, producer or reporter position; experience in filming, editing and producing news
- A thorough knowledge of news and current affairs in the Kenya, Africa and internationally
- Strong writing skills, and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources
- Ability to shoot and edit digital video
- Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
- Social Media & Multimedia experience
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:
A one-page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other backup documentation.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to email@example.com addressed as below on or before 6th February 2018.
The Secretary-General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: