Kenya Red Cross Job Vacancies 2018 for Editors (8 Posts)
HR/CROSS/05/2018 – Editors – 8 POSITIONS
Cross TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Cross TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world.
Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations. Cross TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) Cross TV is seeking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Managing Editor the Editor will be responsible for the following:
- Developing unique content ideas
- Handling tasks of editing news packages and videos for local newscasts
- Checking the accuracy of submitted news by reporters
- Performing tasks of cutting and editing videos that are already in-house
- Supervising and leading reporters
- Editing, changing and improving the news content before broadcasting on the channels
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 years of TV news editor, producer or reporter position; experience in editing and producing news
- Graduate in journalism or communications
- A thorough knowledge of news and current affairs in the Kenya, Africa and internationally
- Experience of making judgments on matters of great editorial sensitivity and the ability to prioritize and interpret the key stories of the day
- Comprehensive knowledge of news and video editing techniques
- In-depth knowledge of styles and guidelines of television news editing
- Extensive knowledge of television news editorial standards and electronic non-linear edit systems
- Possess excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong social media skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:
A one-page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to email@example.com addressed as below on or before 6th February 2018.
The Secretary-General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: