Kenya Red Cross Job Recruitment 2018 For Managing Editors (2 Posts), Application Details
HR/CROSS/04/2018 – Managing Editors – 2 POSITIONS
Cross TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Cross TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world.
Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations. Cross TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) Cross TV is seeking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Head of Content the Managing Editor will be responsible for the following:-
- Concept development of one or two flagship news / infotainment programs of the channel
- managing and directing the production and the editorial content of the programs
- making decisions on editorial contents
- organizing and supervising editors and reporters
- controlling budget
- leading the extension of on-air programs to online platforms
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years of TV news editor, producer or reporter position; experience in editing and producing news; minimum 2 years of management experience preferably in a similar position in broadcast media.
- Graduate in Business related field with specific focus in journalism or communications
- Proven track-record at a senior-level in news and current affairs
- A thorough knowledge of news and current affairs in the Kenya, Africa and internationally
- Demonstrable experience of making judgments on matters of great editorial sensitivity and the ability to prioritize and interpret the key stories of the day
- Established contacts with relevant organizations/bodies and ability to establish and maintain close links with external bodies as appropriate
- Proven experience in managing budgets
- Strong negotiation skills and social media skills
- Organizational and people management skills
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:
A one page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to email@example.com addressed as below on or before 6th February 2018.
The Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: