Kenya Plant Recruitment 2018 for Health Inspectorate Inspectors (10 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Plant Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya Plant Recruitment 2018
Our success is built with the efforts of our employees and support of our management.
Grounded in our core values; Integrity, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Innovation & Creativity, Professionalism, Corporate Social Responsibility.
KEPHIS is committed to be the employer of choice. We always seek to identify, engage and retain best talent to take up variety of roles.
KEPHIS provide the employees with opportunities for growth and development and reward those who are devoted to perform their best.
KEPHIS, a State Corporation in the Agricultural Sector invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following positions:
Inspectors Job Responsibilities
- Coordination of farmer advisory services through stakeholder awareness meetings.
- Development of monitoring, emergency response and pest management systems.
- Identification of pests and diseases.
- Field inspections and audits for market compliance.
- Inspection of agricultural produce for compliance to import and export requirements.
- Inspection of containment facilities.
- Development and maintenance of plant databases.
- Organize and participate in post certification survey activities.
- Surveillance for pest and disease management.
- Maintenance of accreditation and ISO certification.
Qualifications for the Inspectors Job
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, plant pathology, biotechnology, entomology, crop protection, molecular biology, seed science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Botany or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Knowledge on identification, diagnosis and management of pests and diseases.
- Knowledge in Pest Risk Analysis, surveillance, general plant health and compliance determination in traded commodities.
- Knowledge on biosafety and biosecurity.
- Knowledge on pest management.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Good communication, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills.
- Can work well under pressure and prioritize work.
- Experience with a Quality Management System.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should fill the employment application form through the website (www.kephis.org) or download the form from the website and send the duly filled form together with copies of academic and professional certificates and national identity card by 21st June, 2018 to:
The Managing Director, P.O Box 49592 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi.
Use only one method of application: either online through the KEPHIS website or hard copy.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; duly filled employment application form, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: