Kenya Pipeline Company Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Legal Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Pipeline Company Job Vacancy 2018 , Application Details. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya Pipeline Company Job Vacancy 2018
(KPC/ADV/50/2018) – 1 POST (Re-Advertisement)
Responsible for assisting the Legal Services Manager in providing technical legal leadership and investigating and enforcing cases of violations against the Company, ensuring compliance with the Company and Statutory requirements by providing legal advice to Management and the Company.
- Participate in organizational performance contract reviews and business process improvements aimed at improving organizational effectiveness
- In liaison with the Human Resource Department, ensure Company compliance with Labour laws.
- Participate in Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations between Management and the Union.
- Participate in Disciplinary Committee meetings to review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations; handle disputes and recommend appropriate action in line with the law, approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Review complex, sensitive and high risk legal matters in order to determine which cases pose the greatest threat to the security of the Company
- Provide legal advice and assistance on all aspects of government regulation and prepare opinions and legal interpretations on various matters related to the interpretation of applicable Statutes and Regulations.
- Give guidance to lawyers representing Kenya Pipeline Company in courts of law, tribunals and before quasi-judicial bodies and may negotiate settlements to protect the interests of the Company in contested proceedings.
- Monitor developments in legal research, participate in outreach programs to strengthen corporate governance and improve the quality of service delivery
- Draft legal documents, interpret rulings and monitor implementation of laws and government policies and regulations
- Establish and maintain contractual agreements with externally appointed professional legal firms to provide legal services in cases of civil or criminal litigation involving Kenya Pipeline Company
- Gather evidence in cases involving Kenya Pipeline Company to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings in order to formulate legal defense or to initiate legal action
- Conduct legal research, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defense strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings
- Liaise with Attorney General’s Chambers, Registrar General, law enforcement agencies and stakeholders throughout the country in connection with prosecution of offenders and to develop and advance criminal cases when the violation warrants more severe action
- Provide technical leadership to the legal team to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on so.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial law including legal and regulatory framework governing the regulation of Energy sector.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position
- papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in providing high quality customer service.
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, data base, presentation, email, internet etc.
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving legal trends through continuing legal education.
Qualifications & Experience required for appointment
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a reputable University.
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Be a Commissioner for Oaths
- Be a Notary Public
- Certified Public Secretary (K) will be an added advantage
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited,
P.O. Box 73442- 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 17th April 2018.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: