Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board Job Vacancy 2018 for Company Secretary, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board Job Vacancy 2018
The Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB) is a State Corporation established under the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) Legal Notice No. 131 of 16th November 2012, charged with the responsibility of implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme in line with the Government’s Vision 2030 development blue print.
The core mandate of the organization is to promote and expedite development of nuclear power for electricity generation in Kenya by developing policies, strategies and legislations, undertaking public education and awareness, identification of suitable sites for the construction of nuclear power plants and development of human resource capacity.
The mission of the organization is to promote safe and secure application of nuclear technology for sustainable electricity generation and distribution in Kenya.
Job Ref No. KNEB/HRA/CS/03/2018
Roles for the Company Secretary Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Company Secretary will be responsible for providing Board secretarial services and will be the principal legal counsel to KNEB responsible for the following roles;
- Providing legal advice and guidance to the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors and management;
- Providing technical and strategic leadership in the development, implementation and review of the organisation’s legal and policy framework;
- Advising on dispute prevention and resolution on all corporate legal issues;
- Advising the organisation and the Board of Directors on regulatory compliance with government laws and regulations and ensuring compliance;
- Providing Board secretarial services to the Board of Directors;
- Coordinating development, implementation and review of good corporate governance within the organisation;
- Advising the management and the Board of directors on effective management of contracts.
In the execution of this assignment, the Company Secretary will be expected to ensure and uphold exemplary Corporate Governance in line with KNEB’s core values and promote a robust performance-driven culture.
Qualifications for the Company Secretary Job
Candidates must have the following:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretary of Kenya, CPS (K);
- Member, Institute of Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (ICPSK) in good standing;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- Related Job Experience: Must have at least ten (10) years’ work experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior Management position.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies:-
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the linkages between Kenya and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA);
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Nuclear Power Programme;
- Demonstrate understanding of public service values;
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make difficult decisions;
- Demonstrate distinguished leadership and people skills in public sector organization, management and operations;
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Strategic capability with proven ability to relate emerging global issues with the organization’s mission, vision and strategy;
- Proven ability to build and manage effective teams;
- Be detail oriented, have ability to meet deadlines while delivering on high quality results.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above positions must obtain clearance from the following:-
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct).
Credit Reference Bureau
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) on or before 17th September, 2018 by 5.00pm East African Time.
Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/ Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (to be downloaded from www.nuclear.co.ke )
Applications to be sent by post or delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board, Kawi House Block C, 4th Floor, off Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 26374-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Or emailed to: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More