Kenya National Trading Corporation Job Vacancy For Supply Chain Manager, Application Details
Job Ref: HR/SCM/12/2017
Kenya National Trading Corporation is a state-owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products, ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks as well as promote wholesale and retail trade in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030. The Corporation is seeking for qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate shall be responsible for effective and efficient management of procurement and supply chain activities of the KNTC Procurement and supplies process in line with the existing internal policies and that the policies are adaptable to the changing business environment.
Table of Contents
Supply Chain Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated and supportable procurement plan, strategies and procedures.
- Plan and manage all activities involved in sourcing suppliers, procurement, quality assurance, financial, logistics and warehouse management activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with channel partners, such as suppliers, intermediaries, third party service providers, and internal customers.
- Manage competitive acquisition of goods and services for trading purposes, Execution of contracts, updating and maintaining vendor database.
- Build effective and structured relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage, monitor and develop departmental staff through training, appraisals for optimal staff performance.
- Create appropriate relationships with representatives of customers, suppliers and other relevant external bodies.
- Ensure that the supply chain information is communicated clearly to internal and external customers.
- Oversee the preparation and development of departmental budget.
- Preparation and implementation of the budget and Annual Procurement and Asset Disposal Plans
- Preparation of the procurement plan
- Approve and monitor departmental expenditure.
- Preparation of LPOs and LSOs
Qualifications for the Supply Chain Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management.
- Membership to KISM
- At least (7) years of experience in Purchasing & Supplies management with at least (3) years of supervisory experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of Procurement and Disposal Act & Regulations of Kenya
- IT proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Administrative and coordination skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Strategic Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Commitment to the company’s vision and values
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December, 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, People from marginalized groups and any other Persons who meet the stated requirements are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Disclaimer: KNTC does NOT require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment, selection or employment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: