Kenya National Trading Corporation Job Vacancy For Legal Assistant, Application Details
Job Ref: HR/LA/12/2017
Kenya National Trading Corporation is a state-owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products, ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks as well as promote wholesale and retail trade in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030. The Corporation is seeking for qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Legal Officer, the successful candidate shall be responsible for providing administrative assistance in the legal department including documentation, asset management, follow-up on insurance claims, lease administration, contract administration and property maintenance.
Legal Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Drafting of contracts, leases, court pleadings and other legal instruments
- Providing safe custody of Corporation’s documents, other records and securities
- Participate in meeting with legal implications
- Draft status reports on court matters affecting the Corporation
- Monitor and keep track of all documents and reports generated within the Legal Services section
- Ensure that all documents, records and files are well labeled as per the procedures in KNTC
- Collect and archive all documents whose usage is not regular
- Classify and catalogue all the records.
- Respond to all staff requests for retrieval of documents in legal archive.
- Carrying out the maintenance of departmental files
- Keep track of physical assets assigned to the Corporation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Legal Assistant Job
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
- At least (2) years experience in a legal set up/institution
Competencies and Skills
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Knowledge in legal records management
- IT proficiency
- Legal Records management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Due diligence and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December, 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, People from marginalized groups and any other Persons who meet the stated requirements are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Disclaimer: KNTC does NOT require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment, selection or employment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: