Kenya National Trading Corporation Job Vacancy For Internal Audit, Application Details
Job Ref: HR/IA/12/2017
Kenya National Trading Corporation is a state-owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products, ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks as well as promote wholesale and retail trade in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030. The Corporation is seeking for qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Managing Director (administratively) and to the Board (functionally), the successful candidate shall be responsible for effective and efficient strategic leadership in the management of the Corporation’s internal audit function to ensure compliance to the set systems, policies and procedures.
Internal Audit Job Responsibilities
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals.
- Prepare and manage annual work plan and budget for audit department
- Risk facilitator for the organization
- Act as the Secretary to audit committee
- Review and advising the management on adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Reviews systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations
- Review means of safeguarding assets and verify existence of assets.
- Review operations, programmes and projects to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether operations are being carried out as planned.
- Advise management on effective cost control and revenue maximization measures.
- Advise management on external audit queries
- Developing and reviewing audit manuals.
- Coordinate investigations as requested by management.
- Oversee preparation and development of departmental budget
- Approve and monitor departmental expenditure
- Provides oversight for all departmental physical assets
- Plans, assigns and monitors work to departmental staff
- Appraises and evaluates departmental staff
- Contributes to the Corporation’s development of strategic, operational and financial decisions
Qualifications for the Internal Audit Job
- Bachelor of Commerce/Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Professional Accounting qualifications (CPA (K) or ACCA (UK)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- At least eight (8) years experience in Auditing practice with at least three (3) years supervisory experience
Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge in IFRSs, ISAs and IASs
- Budgeting and Financial Management skills
- IT Proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Administrative and coordinating skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Leadership, Communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills
- Action oriented, professional independence and integrity
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December, 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, People from marginalized groups and any other Persons who meet the stated requirements are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Disclaimer: KNTC does NOT require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment, selection or employment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: