Kenya National Trading Corporation Job Vacancy For Human Resource Officer, Application Details
Job Ref: HR/HRO/12/2017
Kenya National Trading Corporation is a state-owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products, ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks as well as promote wholesale and retail trade in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030. The Corporation is seeking for qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the HR and Administration Manager, the successful candidate shall be responsible for effective provision of Human Resources Management support in matters of policy compliance and operations in line with the Corporation’s strategic mission, vision and corporate values.
Table of Contents
Human Resource Officer Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate staff appraisal process within the Corporation
- Participate in the recruitment exercise within the Corporation
- Liaise with the Legal department is addressing staff welfare issues with significant legal implications
- Initiate review of and implementation of various policies and manuals related to staff development, remuneration and reward, staff welfare, resourcing, administration, resources/facilities management
- Continually assist department heads and others staff in interpreting relevant internal and external
- Participate in staff transfer processes
- Administer policies and procedures regarding medical and insurance and other benefits
- Monitor alignment of the departments activities in line with the Corporation’s strategy
- Arbitrate on disciplinary issues
- Ensure that the Corporation staff are in a position to enable it achieve its objectives through overseeing recruitment, staff development and performance management both at policy, planning and implementation levels in liaison with other Departments
- Carry out remuneration administration to ascertain adequate staff motivation and performance
- Coordinate employee development initiatives, employee assistance programs, organization development interventions, due process approaches to problem solving and regularly scheduled communication
- Maintain safe custody of all staff confidential information
- Participate in preparation and development of departmental budget.
- Participate in payroll management and development
- Responsible for specific physical assets assigned to the department
- Plans, assigns and monitors work to department’s staff under his/her supervision
- Appraises and evaluates departmental staff under his/her supervision
Qualifications for the Human Resource Officer Job
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences or any art related art subjects with Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- At least five (5) years experience in Human Resources Management with at least two (2) years at supervisory level in a busy environment
Competencies and Skills
- IT proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Specialized HR and administration skills
- Decision making, problem solving, administrative and coordination skills
- Supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Networking and relationship building skills.
- Action oriented
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December, 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, People from marginalized groups and any other Persons who meet the stated requirements are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Disclaimer: KNTC does NOT require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment, selection or employment process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: