Kenya National Examinations Council Job Vacancies 2018 for Subject Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council (also referred to as KNEC or the Council) was established in 1980 under the Kenya National Examinations Council Act Cap 225A of the Laws of Kenya. This Act (Cap 225A of 1980) was repealed in 2012 and replaced with KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012.
- Bachelors Degree in Education specializing in Biology;
- Masters degree in Education in the relevant area from a recognized institution;
- Not less than ten (10) years of teaching experience in Secondary or Post
- Secondary Institution teaching Biology as a major subject or related assignment;
- Must have undergone SMASSE training;
- Must have evidence of knowledge and proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
- The Officer will be responsible for the planning, organizing, programming and coordinating the development of Biology Examination papers and other related disciplines.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and with transparent management.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer The Kenya National Examinations Council P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply. c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More