Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Job Vacancy 2018 for Accounts Assistance, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya National Commission on Human Rights job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Job Vacancy 2018
REF: KNCHR/ADM/HRO/11/2018 – (1)
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles.
The KNCHR invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following positions.
Purpose of the job
This position is responsible for provision of accounting support to the Finance Department in the preparation of the various finance reports, accounts and reconciliation in compliance with Public Finance Accounts Standards and the achievements of objectives of the Finance and Accounts unit through
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Prepare suppliers payment vouchers and forward them for approval to prompt timely pay outs on good and services consumed by the commission
- Maintain an updated creditors’ schedule and supplier database to stay ahead of outstanding debts payable to the commission vendors
- Key in expenses against the specific budget lines to keep track of fund balances to avoid over expenditure on approved budgets
- Carry out bank agent duties inclusive of cash withdrawals, negotiation for better exchange rates, request for bank statements and other such assignments to support the commission’s transactions
- Liaise with regional officers to provide technical support on accounts and finance to mitigate audit queries and mishaps that can interrupt the field office functions
- Verify the suppliers’ payment documentation for completeness, accuracy and authorization to ascertain payouts at are made to authentic parties and not to fraudulent schemers
- Process field imprest requests, ensuring that they are paid on time to keep regional office operations fully functional in their execution of the commission’s mandate
- Invoice approved vouchers in the IFMIS system as a necessary step in accounting using the newly established government finance tracking platform
- File Accounting documents to keep accurate records as necessitated by the Public Accounting practices
- Post tax returns in iTax system to meet the current Kenya Revenue Authority tax guideline.
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Diploma in Finance/ Accounts or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Part I of Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A) (K) or Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- 1 years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of professional accounting standards including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accounting packages.
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your application manually through the post office or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on both the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by 17th September, 2018 to:
The Commission Secretary Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor P. O. Box 74359 – 00200 Nairobi.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application. KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE: