Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Job Vacancy 2018 for County Executive Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Job Vacancy 2018
Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) was established in 1965 as a business membership organization with a mandate to protect and develop the interests of the business community in Kenya. KNCCI is also an affiliate member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) & the World Chamber Federation (WCF). As a County Executive Officer – Homabay County, duties will include promoting the Chamber corporate image. This includes documenting business priority policy areas that needs to be addressed in the interest of members, as well as attend and participate in seminars and conferences at all levels to keep informed of the developments affecting the trade, members and business environment in general.
County Executive Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with Board members, stakeholders, clients, customers, suppliers, development partners and other government and business liaisons;
- Support the Board of Directors in developing short, medium and long-term corporate strategies and planning to achieve the organization’s vision and overall business objectives;
- Recommend policies to the Board in relation to a range of organizational issues including delegations of authority, consultancies and performance incentives and formulation and implementation of all growth strategies.
- Responsible for the management, development and maintenance of high performance team by providing transformative leadership and effective supervision and guidance
- Ensure compliance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association and all statutory, legal and regulatory compliance and comply with corporate policies and standards; and regulatory requirements of the Chamber and be able to propose changes to the Board.
- Cause to develop and provide high quality products and efficient services which are value-adding to members
- Provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Extra-Ordinary General Meetings as and when required
- Advise the Board regarding the most effective organizational structure and oversee its implementation;
- Build and develop high and motivated team of employees through embedding performance development and couching through identification of staff training needs and enshrine them in the training and education programmes of the Association.
- Cause to prepare annual leave roaster for employees and coordinate the implementation so that the operations are executed smoothly
- Cause to ensure that the Chamber ICT systems are well designed in a risk-free manner to meet dynamic business requirements and relevant reports are maintained.
- Cause to ensure correctness of books of accounts, receipts and disbursements are maintained.
- Ensure safe custody of all funds and property belonging to the Chamber and ensure their safe keeping.
- Responsible for the Chamber financial planning, forecasting and budgeting in accordance with internationally accepted accounting & financial reporting standards
- Responsible for preparation of accounting reports for audit
- Provide support to all functional areas to enable Chamber goals, ensure planning and analysis of financial statements
- Cause to prepare monthly, quarterly reports on performance of the entire Chamber Key Result Areas [KRA] to the board and advise accordingly
- Ensure appropriate risk management practices and policies are in place;
- Keep minutes of all Committee, General meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors
- Make a financial report at the Annual General Meeting of the Chamber. Cause books of accounts to be audited.
Requirements for the County Executive Officer Job
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, International Relations, Law or related field. A Master’s degree holder will have added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in undertaking trade related activities
- Demonstrable understanding of business environment issues, policies & initiatives
- Passion/interest in economy and business sector issues
- Demonstrated familiarity with the County legal and policy framework related to business issues, economy, policies and government initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Exhibit a total commitment to maintaining high quality service standards of KNCCI; demonstrate service excellence skills in dealing proactively with members and all KNCCI contacts.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter HR@kenyachamber.or.ke by Friday, October 12, 2018. The email subject should read COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: