Kenya KEMRI Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Accountant/Administrator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya KEMRI Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya KEMRI Job Vacancy 2018
A KEMRI – CCR Clinical Trials Research Project is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following position:
Reports to: Fiscal and Administration Manager.
Job Purpose: The selected candidate will be in charge of project accounting and administrative duties at clinical trials site in Nairobi.
Responsibilities for the Project Accountant Job
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
- Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
- Provide logistic and operations support to the study activities.
- Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
- Engage with different host institutions on timely submission of accounting reports.
- Provide administrative, operations and logistics duties for the project as directed by the supervisor.
Project Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Part II Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent
- Work experience in a research or related projects for at least 2 years.
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- strong personal communication
- Mature and self-motivated
- High Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Excellent communications skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
Terms of Employment: Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
d) Must include a copy of certificate of good conduct.
e) Must have KRA certificate of Tax compliance.
f) Must have clearance certificate from HELB.
g) Must have credit reference Bureau certificate.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 19th October, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: