Kenya Forestry Research Institute Recruitment 2018 for Librarian, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Kenya Forestry Research Institute Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Kenya Forestry Research Institute Recruitment 2018
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 whose mandate is to undertake research in forestry and allied natural resources, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable development. The Institute is both EMS 14001: 2004 and QMS 9001:2008 certified.
The Institute wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven professionals to fill the vacant positions below:KEFRI 8-1 POST
Librarian Job Responsibilities:
- Head library services in the Institute
- Supervise the library staff
- Custody, security and maintenance of library materials
- Issue and return of library materials
- Shelve books and periodicals
- Coordinate and guide satellite libraries in KEFRI eco-regions
- Organize, manage and undertake current awareness services
- Classify, catalogue, index and digitize information resources.
- Network with other libraries
- Provide reference services to all library users
Requirements for the Librarian Job
- Served satisfactorily for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Library Assistant or comparable position;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Member of a library association
- Worked in an automated library
- Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card.
They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 PM on Monday, 11th June, 2018. Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:-
Kenya Forestry Research Institute
P.O. BOX 20412-00200,
City Square, NAIROBI
KEFRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Gender Equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: